Thursday, September 16, 2010

Top 5 Classics Movies that I want to see

I was listening to this interview on NPR Radio today morning with the German director Werner Herzog and his "Rogue" Film School. He said that he required all his students to read..loved loved that part. Along with that they were also talking about the movies that he wants his students to see and that sparked of this post.

1) The Treasure of Sierra Madre - it is interesting that WH also mentioned this movie in his list, but recently we have been talking a lot about this movie at work as well. Apparently, there is a dialogue in this movie about Badges. :) So I had been wanting to see this movie and then WH mentions it as well. So, more the reason.

Link to Wikipedia to know more about this "We don't need no Stinking Badges" Dialogue.

2) Tootsie - I have always liked Dustin Hoffman. I think he is an excellent actor and I wanted to see this movie for a long time. Just never got to it :)

3) Suspicion - I have been wanting to see all of Alfred Hitchcock movies after seeing the Movie The Rear Window directed by him and the description of this movie sounds interesting.

4) The Philadelphia Story - Just because this movie has three of my favor tie actors in the cast - Cary Grant, James Stewart and Katherine Hepburn

5) SwingTime - Starring Fred Astaire. I want to see this movie because WH mentioned it in his interview and his description of the movie was so fantastic that I wanted to see it and plus it was in AFI's top 100 Movie list as well.

0 Comments: