Friday, August 12, 2005

Choice and Regrets

You might be wondering how come I have a title like this for my post. I realized that at some level they are kind of intertwined. I was reading a post about Choices that we make on one of my friends post and that kind of started me off on my own post.

This past weekend, we were in a Pool Party and one of our friends are going to India to get settled there, so the topic of conversation was how to make that choice and how somebody had regrets that they could not spend much time with their parents etc. So, the choices we made are what we regret.

So many times when me and Rajesh have talked about this, I always tell him that we should not regret the choices we have made in the past because the - situation/circumstances and parameters now are not the same as they were during that time and we cannot decide now if that decision/choice was wrong or right. But what ever we think or not, we will still regret some of those choices. We tend to analyze (or not) and make the best choice at any given point of time.

And as my cousin Shashi would say - The road / path never traveled. There are always thoughts on what would have happened if you had taken the other path.. We will never know it, but we have to go on with life with the belief that this is the best choice we could have made.

Then I was thinking that regrets are part of life, and if we accept them and move on, that's it kinds. And personally speaking of regrets, they are fleeting and then as my friend said life goes on. Back to Iris Johansen books, gym, food, movie/tv... etc.

3 Comments:

Bridget Jones said...

Welcome to the blogging world :)

Banu said...

Thanks :)) Taking lot of inspiration from you and my brother.

Dilip said...

Nice 'caption' and a lovely post - reminds me of Bobby McFerlins inspiring song "Don't Worry Be Happy" :)